Sometimes you wake up and Hasbro tells you they’re going to need some of your money. Well it’s Friday and they know you got paid because they just revealed their latest Haslab project, Galactus.
Now you comic fans out there know that Galactus towers over Marvel characters so booting up my vast knowledge of Marvel characters, and Google Galactus in the comics is listed in the official Marvel dictionary as 28 feet 9 inches tall. Now the standard Marvel Legends figure is six inches tall, how does that translate? Well I don’t know I’m terrible with math. But this figure will stand at a whopping 32 inches tall. But don’t judge him by size there’s more that will be coming with this figure.
- 32-inch (812.8 mm) Galactus figure
- +300 pieces and +70 points of articulation!
- 20 points of articulation in each hand!
- LEDs in the head and chest (4x AAA batteries required, not included)
- 3 swappable face-plate accessories for alternate expression
- Marvel Insider Points Redemption code (70,000 points per purchase, limit 2 code redemptions per account) & all three digital comics issues of the Galactus Trilogy (Fantastic Four #48-50, Lee/Kirby, 1966) to read in the Marvel Comics app (available in iOS and Android). Open only to US residents 18+.
This project just went live at Haslab Galactus this morning. So far it needs 14,000 backers for this project to see the light of day. As of this writing it has 3,706 backers, one of them being me, with 45 days 9 hours and 24 minutes to go. This project is also going to cost you $399.99 so you may want to eat instant Ramen for a few weeks/months. There are some coming stretch goals that have not been announced but if you’re wanting to know what they are you’re going to have to get in on this. The project closes August 30, 2021.
I previously backed the Sentinel Haslab project and on a personal note I think this one would have more backers already had they already delivered on the previous product. Let people see what they could potentially get before starting up another campaign at a higher price point. That being said as I stated I did back it so here we go again.
Look Hasbro fully understands us nerds grew up and may have some disposable income.
Jason The X
“Curse you for beating this money out of me Hasbro! Follow me @JasonTheX”