Whenever Haslab has a new offering my wallet has a mental breakdown. With the orders for the HISS Tank fulfilling this Fall it’s time to get a new Haslab started. Now I will continue to say they need to stop doing a Haslab before the other previous one has shipped. But hey Hasbro’s not listening to me so here we go and it’s the G.I. Joe Dragonfly.
Now the Dragonfly was never my favorite vehicle but it is one I always had. I’ve owned several Dragonfly’s from different incarnations like regular, Tiger Force, the latest 3 and ¾ line it never ends. But now we’re in that 1/12 scale my good people and this thing is going to be huge. At 32 inches long you’re going to need quite a bit of room for this. But size isn’t everything because you’re getting a lot of accessories with this. Check the specs right from Hasbro.
· Elaborately-detailed Command Cockpit Interior: The copter pilot and gunner sit buckled with a 4-point harness in front of specialized illuminated instrument control panels. You can pose each figure operating the center, floor-mounted control stick and throttle controls maneuvering around and locking in on an oncoming H.I.S.S.
· Detachable “Gull-wing” Canopy: The vehicle comes with “gull wing” functioning canopy with forward port entry for the gunner and rear starboard entry for the pilot. The canopy detaches for easier access.
· Multiple Customizable Armaments: Customize your XH-1 loadout with detachable weapon accessories:
2 Creeper missiles
2 70MM unguided rocket launchers
2 Jester Missile racks to hold 8 Jester Missiles
Removable laser-guided stationary 160MM Cannon Pod with belt-fed ammo that connects to the port side of the chopper
· Functioning Hoist: The attachment points fit a removable hoist with rotating dial which extends or retracts a cable and rescue hook for infiltration and extraction or rescue ops.
· Cannon Details: The 25MM Dragonbreath Rotary Nose Cannon rotates and can pivot up and down; and twin X-551 Mini-Cannon details below the cockpit increase the XH-1’s powerful attack capabilities.
· 6 Blast Effects: 2 small effects fit the X-551 Mini-Cannons, the Dragonbreath Rotary Cannon, or trail behind the 70MM unguided rocket launchers; 2 medium effects attach to the Cannon Pod or the rear of the Jester and Creeper missile accessories; 2 large effects attach behind the missile accessories and to the wing pegs.
· Removable Access Panels: Access panels detach to reveal engine details.
· Hinged Cannon Access Doors: Doors lower showing the inner workings of the twin X-551 60MM Mini-Cannon accessories and act as a step to pose your figures ascending into the cockpit.
· Movable V Tail Wing: The vertical tail fin rotates from 90 degrees to 45 to assist in maneuverability.
· Adjustable Stabilizer Wings: Rear stabilizers pivot up and down.
· Counter Rotating Coaxial Turbine Detail: The snap-on Counter Rotation Turbine cover swivels to silence and direct the turbine thrust.
· Engine Cover Exhaust Vents: Flared exhaust port design details provide the XH-1 with high-speed stability.
· Clear Display Stand: The transparent 10-inch-high display stand has a 15-degree angle allowing you to pose your Attack Copter as though it’s hovering in the air, either climbing or descending. The base is decorated with a modern take on the classic DF-1 roundel.
· Sticker Sheet: Personalize your Assault Copter fleet with consumer-applied labels for customization.
But let’s get into the price because this is going for $274.99 and let me check my receipt, $297.68. I mean I paid over 300 for the HISS Tank so this is a bargain. As of writing this the campaign is at 6,054 of the 10,000 needed to go into production. And this is day 1. The first stretch goal is 13,000 backers and that gives us a Ripcord “Night Force” figure. Other stretch goals are at 16k and 19K. Looking at previous Haslab projects this should be attainable. Wait, make that 6,082. So Super Cool Nerd Nation, are you adding this to your collection? I am, but we already knew that.
Jason The X
Now the question is do I need two? Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @JasonTheX